We think Dubai does not need any introduction. Developing from solitary desert emirate to one of the world’s ruling global cities in less than a few decades, Dubai in the United Arab Emirates has briskly become a popular tourist spot. Dubai is one of the best places to visit on the planet. Millions of visitors visit this middle-eastern city each year all around the world.
The city’s tall building, colorful and vibrant nightlife, high-end shopping malls, resorts, and hotels make Dubai a popular destination in the Middle-East. Dubai is such a great city where wealthy Emirati past connects with dynamic tradition & culture. Before modernization, Dubai was just filled with sand. You can not imagine that only a few decades ago, there was not a single building there. Still, you can see the sands in some parts of the city.
It is best known for its cultural diversity. Almost 85% of Dubai’s population comes from abroad. It leads to a level of traditional interaction that is infrequently observed anywhere else on the planet. With the city’s millenniums of past, it is a hub to stunning symbols of Islamic architecture, historical dig sites, ancient places, and reestablished old neighborhoods. You should visit Dubai at least once in your lifetime to live some of the best moments of your life.
How much safe is Dubai to travel for a tourist
Dubai is a dazzling Middle Eastern city, with a blatant wealth of oil, lofty buildings, spectacular and fancy shopping malls, contemporary architecture, lavishing hotels, dealing in amenities and luxuries, and relaxing beaches in the United Arab Emirates. You may ask “is Dubai a safe city to travel for the visitor?’’Yes, Dubai is a safe place to travel. It is one of the safest countries in the Middle East for travelers. This city is heavily monitored, so the crime rate is very rare for this reason.
Dubai has very strict and ruthless law enforcement. The extremely strict and strong rules help to keep the terrorism minimum. So, people do feel safe while traveling around the city. The terrorism and violence rate in Dubai is relatively lower than most other Middle Eastern cities in the world. Though it is the safest place, still, you need to stay alert. Wherever you go in the world, remember that the most important thing is to be careful.
Do you know when is the best time of year to visit Dubai?
Dubai has a very warm and dry desert weather. The temperature remains high throughout the year. But most of the buildings are structured with cool technology. The best time to visit Dubai is from November to April. These months are considered as the winter season in Dubai. Then the maximum temperature ranges from 31 degrees C to 25 degrees C. but you can go there throughout the year. Dubai has 3 travel seasons like any other tourist places – Peak season, Offseason, and Shoulder season.
Peak Season – Peak season in Dubai starts from November to April. In this season the crowds are at their highest. The costs of everything rise high. The hotel rates and transportation costs are also at their peak. If you visit this season, you can get a bright clear sky, enough sunshine, an amazing breeze with relatively cooler nights.
Off-Season – Offseason/low season starts in June and goes on till August. These three months are claimed to be the summer season. It is the best time of year to travel for those who are on a budget. It is best for the backpackers too. You can get cheap flight deals and everything else at a discount. As temperature rises too high, so you can not enjoy the outdoor activities or the beaches.
Shoulder Season – May, September, and October, these 3 months are considered as shoulder season. The temperature starts to lessen in September and October. The sea temperatures dip around 28 degrees C. So, you can enjoy a pleasant sea view. It is the best time for swimming and surfing. The expenses are comparatively lower than peak season.
What are the best places to visit in Dubai?
Dubai is the most popular tourist hot spot in the United Arab Emirates. Dubai is best known for its large skyscrapers, beaches, luxury lifestyles, and a lot more. A tourist can witness several destinations to travel to Dubai. Here are some of the best places to visit in Dubai on your next vacation.
- Palm Jumeirah – The Palm Jumeirah is one of the most famous tourist destinations in Dubai. This is Dubai’s only completed artificial island. This island looks like a palm tree. Palm Jumeirah is known as vacationers haven. You can find many stunning villas and luxury 7 stars hotels there. It covers an area of 10 miles.
Opening – 24/7
Cost – $36 to $50
Address – The Palm island, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Burj Khalifa – Burj Khalifa is the landmark buildings in Dubai, UAE. It is the tallest buildings on earth. Burj Khalifa was primarily known as Burj Dubai before 2010. This iconic tower is about 829.8 m tall. There are 8 escalators and 57 elevators. Burj Khalifa has an observation deck on its 124th floor, named ‘The Top’. One can have a complete glimpse of the city skyline and the turquoise blue ocean of Dubai from this observation deck. The world’s 2nd biggest constructed fountain is located inside the tower.
Opening – Every day 8.30 am to 1 am
Cost – 125 AED (For adults), and 95 AED (For children aged 4-12 years)
Address – 1 Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Blvd, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Sheikh Saeed Al Maktoum House – Sheikh Saeed Al Maktoum was one of the greatest rulers of Dubai. He ruled Dubai for 37 years, from 1921 to 1958. The main house was built by Maktoum’s father in 1896. This is claimed to be Dubai’s one of the best places to travel due to the magnificent history. This former residential house is now rebuilt into a museum. If you visit there, you can have a glimpse of the old historical pictures, important documents, letters, old coins, stamps, etc. The museum is the paragon of Emirati architecture.
Opening – From 8.30 am to 8.30 pm (Saturday to Thursday), and 3 pm to 8.30 pm (Friday)
Cost – AED 2 (For Adults), and AED 1 (For kids)
Address – Al Khaleej Road, Bur Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Burj Al Arab – Burj Al Arab is one of the most expensive 7 stars hotels on earth. The hotel was built in 1999. It is also the 4th largest hotel in the world. The hotel is filled with luxury and amenities that make you feel like a member of a Royal family.
Burj Al Arab has its helipad at a height of 689 ft above the coastal line and was designed by an Irish architect named Rebecca Gernon.
Opening – 24 hrs
Cost – Avg price is $24000
Address – Jumeirah rd, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Motiongate Dubai – Are you a Hollywood movie lover? If you are, then Motiongate is a must-visit place for you in Dubai. It is a Hollywood inspired theme park. You can get a ride on several rides in this theme park such as – the Madagascar mar pursuit, the green hornets high-speed chase, and a lot more. You can click a picture with your favorite Hollywood characters too. Paying a visit to this park is one of the best family vacation ideas.
Opening – From 2 pm to 10 pm (Saturday to Wednesday), and 2 pm to 11 pm (Thursday & Friday)
Cost – 865 AED (Annual pass), 145 AED (Sale in summertime)
Address – Dubai Parks and Resorts, Sheikh Zayed Road, Palm Jabel Ali, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Dubai Dolphinarium – Dubai dolphinarium is another unmissable place to see in Dubai. It is a great great site for the tourist who is an adventure enthusiast. It is the 1st air-conditioned indoor dolphinarium in the Middle-eastern cities. Here you can play and swim with dolphins. Visitors have a chance to go scuba diving with dolphins too.
Opening – Every day from 9.30 am to 5.30 pm
Cost – AED 930
Address – Atlantis, The Palm, Crescent Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Dubai Museum – Dubai Museum is one of the most ancient historical structures in Dubai. It was built in 1787 by the then Dubai’s ruler to guard the Dubai Creek. The Al Fahidi Fort is the most significant part of this museum. This ancient building was constructed from coral stones and gypsum. The length of the fort is 41 m and the width is 33 m. It was served as a royal palace, prison, and garrison.
Opening – 8.30 am to 8.30 pm (From Monday to Sunday), and from 2.30 pm to 8.30 pm (Friday)
Cost – AED 3
Address – Al Faidi Street, opposite the Grand Mosque, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Wild Wadi Water Park – Wild Wadi is a popular outdoor amusement water park in Dubai. This park is filled with several amazing water rides. Jumeirah International operates the Wild Wadi water park. It is a great place where tourists can enjoy jumping and playing with blue water. You can pass a awesome time with your family and friends in this outdoor park. You can get a ride on the tumble falls, falcon fury, thunder rapids, wave pools.
Opening – Every day from 10 am to 7 pm
Cost – 187 AED
Address – Jumeirah Street, in front of Burj Al Arab, Jumeirah 2, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Dubai Frame – Dubai’s impressive architectural structures always attract tourists. It is the most recent extension of the sumptuous architectural structure in the city. This giant picture frame has a height o 150 m & breadth of 93 m. The Dubai Frame is of great value for the price. It is made of glass, hard-anodized aluminum, steel, and concrete. You can see both the modern parts & the older parts of the city from this iconic frame.
Opening – Daily from 8.30 am to 8.30 pm
Cost – 61.73 AED
Address – Zabeel Park, Dubai, UAE
Besides these places, Dubai has many more to see. You can also go to Dubai aquarium, Hajar Foothills, Etihad Museum, Hatta Heritage Village, Dubai Creek, Dubai Spice Souk, Global Village Dubai, Bollywood Park Dubai for a day trip.
Visit Dubai as one of the best shopping destinations
Dubai in the United Arab Emirates gives a great shopping experience to its visitors. From world-class brands to extraordinary boutiques, the city’s shopping scene is one of the best excuses to travel to this stunning side on the earth. You can find the most visited shopping malls and shopping areas in some of the best travel sites.
For an ultimate shopping experience, the city has much more to offer for everyone. It is the best place to buy gorgeous dresses, shoes, bags, jewelry, gadgets and so on. There are more than 90 shopping centers all around Dubai. Here is a list of the best shopping malls in Dubai.
- Alita Pleat
Opening hour – From 10 am to 10 pm except for Thursday
Location – Wasl Vita – Shop 45, 32C Street, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Phone no – +971 52 934 3687
- The Dubai Mall
Opening hour – Every day, from 10 am to 12 am
Location – Financial Center Street, Along Sheikh Zayed Road, United Arab Emirates
Phone no – +971 800 382246255
- Dubai Outlet Mall
Opening hour – Every day, from 10 am to 10 pm
Location – Route 66 – Dubai – Al Ain Rd, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Phone no – +971 4 423 4666
- Dubai Festival City Mall
Opening hour – From 10 am to 10 pm, every day
Location – Crescent Rd, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Phone no – +971 800 332
- Ibn Battuta Mall
Opening hour – From 10 am to 10 pm
Location – Sheikh Zayed Rd, Jebel Ali Village, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Phone no – +971 4 368 5543
- Mercato Shopping Mall
Opening hour – Every day, from 10 am to 10 pm
Location – Jumeirah Beach Rd, Jumeirah 1, Dubai, UAE
Phone no – +971 4 344 4161
- Dubai Marina Mall
Opening hour – 10 am to 12 am (Saturday to Wednesday), and 10 am to 1 am (Thursday to Friday)
Location – Sheikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Phone no – +971 4 436 1020
- Global Village
Opening hour – 10 am to 12 am
Location – Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Rd, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Phone no – +971 4 362 4114
- Deira City Center
Opening hour – From 10 am to 12 am
Location – Al Garhoud Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Phone no – +971 4 295 1010
- Mall of Emirates
Opening hour – 10 am to 10 pm (Sunday to Wednesday), and 10 am to 12 pm (Thursday and Friday)
Location – Sheikh Zayed Road, Interchange 4, Al Barsha, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Phone no – +971 4 409 9000
Most delicious and popular foods to eat on your next trip to Dubai
Dubai cuisine is a fusion of Lebanese, Arabian, and Iranian flavors, and ingredients. One interesting thing about Emirati dishes are they are filled with different types of herbs. These herbs make dishes both healthier and delicious. Emirati foods also represent the Arabian culture and tradition. Let’s find out without delay which foods you have to eat when you go to Dubai.
- Al Harees
- Camel Meat & Camel Milk
- Al Machboos
Where you can go for an enjoyable dining experience in Dubai
If you taste any of Emirati food items, it will keep you coming back. Even if you are not a food enthusiast, still, you can not avoid the heavenly aroma aromas that Emirati dish has in stock for you. There are many great restaurants in Dubai where you can go to experience an Arabian dining scene. Here is a list of some of the best restaurants in Dubai.
Opening – 12.30 pm to 2 am every day.
Address – The Ritz-Carlton Dubai, The Walk, JBR, UAE
Cost – Approx. 1200 AED for two persons.
- The Viewing Deck
Opening – Every day from 8 am to 11 pm
Address – At the top of Burj Khalifa
Cost – Starting from 150 AED per person
- Sea Fu
Opening – From 12.30 pm to 4 pm (For lunch), and from 7 pm to 11 pm (for dinner)
Address – Jumeirah Beach Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Cost – Approx. 750 AED for two persons
- Level 43 Sky Lounge
Opening – Every day, from 2 pm to 2 am
Address – Level 43, Four Points by Sheraton, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Cost – Approx. 375 AED for two persons
Opening – 12 pm to 3.30 pm (For lunch), and 7 pm to 11.30 pm Address – Arabian Court, Royal mirage, Dubai, UAE
Cost – Approx. 400 AED for two people
- 101 Dining Lounge & Bar
Opening – From 12.30 pm to 11 pm, every day
Address – Private Marina, Palm Jumeirah, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Cost – Approx. 500 AED for two-person
- The Farm
Opening – Every day from 7:30 AM to 10:30 PM
Address – Al Barai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Cost – Approx. price for two is 325 AED
Opening – Every day, from 9 am to 11 pm
Address – JA Jebel Ali Golf Resort, Jaffa, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Cost – Approx. 250 AED per person
- Sho Cho Restaurant
Opening – From 7 pm to 3 am
Address – Jumeirah beach rd, Jumeirah 1, Dubai Marine Beach Resort, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Cost – Approx. 83 AED per person
- Pai Thai
Opening – Daily, from 7 pm to 12 am
Address – Madinat Jumeirah, Al Qasr, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Cost – Approx. 450 AED for two people
Where a tourist can stay in Dubai, United Arab Emirates?
Dubai in the UAE is filled with amenity, extravagance, and many different experiences. Dubai is a habitat to some of the most luscious hotels and resorts in the world, but not all the best areas to reside in the metropolis are out of the price range of the ordinary public. Dubai has some of the most popular world-famous hotels for visitors and locals.
Some times these hotels do offer many cheap holiday packages to their customers. You can find more than 100000 hotel rooms in Dubai. But you may be in a dilemma to select the right one for you. I have selected some of the best hotels in Dubai, for all ages, budgets, and facilities. Here is a list of them.
- One & Only the Palm
- Centro Barsha
- JW Marriott Marquis Dubai
- Burj Al Arab Jumeirah
- The Meydan Hotel
- Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa
- Park Hyatt Dubai
- The St. Regis Dubai
- Taj Dubai
- W Dubai Al Habtoor City
- The Ridge Carlton
- Raffles Dubai
Let’s find out some key information regarding public transportation in Dubai
Are you traveling to Dubai & looking for important information about transportation? No worries, I have gathered some information regarding Dubai’s transportation for you. Dubai’s transportation is an amicable continuation of tradition & modernity. There are several types of transportation in Dubai.
This cosmopolitan city offers you ancient modes of transportation such as the camels & Abras. You can use these modes of transportation to get around Bur Dubai to Deira. You can also find modern modes of transportation like the metro & the buses and the taxis. These modern transports are used most by the people in Dubai.
- Metro – Metro is one of the most efficient and convenient ways of getting around Dubai. It is considered the modern mode of commutation. It is the quickest way to travel huge distances in the city. The Dubai Metro has about 43 metro stations. In Dubai, the Roads & Transport Authority (RTA) operates two metro lines – the red line & the green line. The red line runs from the airport to Jebel Ali. The green line from Rashidiya to the city center.
Service hour – From 5.30 am to 12 am (Saturday to Wednesday), and from 10 am to 1 am (Thursday to Friday)
Fare – AED 2 to AED 6.50
- Buses – Dubai has an advanced and inexpensive public bus transport system. The Roads & Transport Authority (RTA) operates & manages public buses on more than 190 routes. There are more than 600 bus stoppages in & around the city. These buses are generally used by lower-income earners. Local buses have many advantages like they are comfortable, air-conditioned, clean. They are very affordable too. But the main problem is that these buses move too slowly.
Service hour – 6 am to 11 pm
Fare – Range from 5 AED to 8.50 AED
- Taxi – Taxis are one of the popular ways of getting around Dubai. Taxi is one of the fastest means of public transport. People use taxi to travel to those places that are not well connected by buses and the metro. Government licensed taxis are operated by the Dubai Transport Corporation. It operates cream-colored taxis. There are many private cab companies such as – Metro taxi, National taxis, & the Cars taxi operates private taxis. You can hail a taxi from any place in Dubai. You can go to your last minutes holidays to anywhere in Dubai by hailing a taxi.
Service hour – 24 hrs
Fare – 12 AED (Basic fare), then 1.82 AED per km
The most unique and lesser-known spots to go to Dubai
What does come to your mind first when you think of Dubai in the UAE? Most probably you may think of Dubai’s tallest buildings, vibrant shopping malls, unique dining scenes, gigantic hotels, and resorts, pristine beaches. But Dubai has many unique things that many tourists never knew. There are many less popular and unique places in Dubai where you can visit to get a different experience.
- Dubai Pearl Museum
- The World Island
- Gold Soak
- Legoland Waterpark
- The Sharjah Bird Market
- Ski Dubai
- Meydan Hotel
- Dragon Mart
- Design District
- Al Bastakiya Quarters
- Coffee Museum of Dubai
- Elephant Clock
- Alserkal Avenue
- Dubai Miracle Garden
- Emirates Kart Zone
- Al Nassma
Dubai in the United Arab Emirates is known as beachgoer’s paradise
Dubai is known as a great holiday destination, but the city is also known as home to many fine sandy beaches. These beaches are situated in the Arabic Gulf. The warm sandy beaches in Dubai attract tourists who come from all over the world.
Dubai has some of the most beautiful beaches in the United Arab Emirates. Visitors can enjoy these turquoise blue watery beaches at zero cost or for a very low cost. Here is a list of some of the best beaches in Dubai to enjoy a great vacay.
- The Jumeirah Beach
- Nikki Beach
- Mercato Beach
- Kite Beach
- Barasati Beach
- Cove Beach
- Al Mamzar Beach
- Black Palace Beach
- Azure Beach
- Al Sufouh Beach
- The Sunset Beach
- Aquavneture Beach
The best desert safaris in Dubai for a thrilling vacation
Are you planning to go to Dubai for an enchanting vacation? Maybe you want to enjoy a desert safari there. Your Dubai trip will incomplete if you do not experience a desert safari in Dubai, the city of deserts. Besides skyscrapers, immaculate beaches, luxurious shopping centers, Dubai has many more things to enjoy.
Desert safari is one of the best things that a tourist can do during his/her Dubai trip. This safari offers you thrill and adventure. A Dubai desert safari is an ultimate experience that is filled with excitement. It will take a tourist on an itinerary to a different travel trove of UAE. Scroll down to check out some of the best desert safaris you can do in Dubai.
- Overnight Desert Safari
- Morning Desert Safari
- Premium Red Dunes & Camel Safari
- Hummer H2 Safari
- 4×4 Desert Safari
- Heritage Desert Safari
- Hot Air Balloon Desert Safari
- Dubai Quad Bike Safari
- Evening Desert Safari
- Private Desert Adventure Safari
Most popular annual festivals in Dubai you should attend
Dubai in the United Arab Emirates is a multicultural Middle Eastern city. It is considered as a top holiday destination. A large number of visitors travel to Dubai every year. This sophisticated city is home to several events and festivals. They are taking place every year. Your trip to Dubai remains incomplete if you do not attend at least one festival in Dubai. Here is a list of some of the largest annual festivals in Dubai.
- Swim The Burj
When to visit – March
- The Dubai Summer Surprises
When to visit – June to August
- The Dubai International Film Festival
When to visit – December
When to visit – January
- The Dubai Winter Festival
When to visit – December
- Dubai Shopping Festival
When to visit – January to February
- Dubai Food Festival
When to visit – February to March
- Dubai International Boat Show
When to visit – November
- Dubai National Day Festival
When to visit – December
- Dubai International Jazz Fest
When to visit – February to March
- Dubai Desert Classic
When to visit – February to March